这是近日发表在华盛顿邮报上的一首诗歌。很真切地表现了西方人,西方社会,西方政府是从一个什么样的角度对待中国人,中国政府,中国人民。
非常感人!!我特意翻译成中文,请大家广为流传。
When we were the Sick Man of Asia, We were called The Yellow Peril.
当我们是东亚病夫的时候,我们被称为黄色威胁。
When we are billed to be the next Superpower, we are called The Threat.
当我们注定要成为下一个超级大国的时候,我们被称为威胁。
When we closed our doors, you smuggled drugs to open markets.
当我们闭关锁国的时候,你们把鸦片走私到开放市场。
When we embrace Free Trade, You blame us for taking away your jobs.
当我们拥抱自由贸易的时候,你们责备我们拿走了你们的工作机会。
When we were falling apart, You marched in your troops and wanted your fair share.
当我们四分五裂的时候,你们把军队开进来要瓜分我们。
When we tried to put the broken pieces back together again, Free Tibet you screamed, It Was an Invasion!
当我们努力让祖国山河重聚的时候,你们叫嚷“西藏独立”,说这是侵略!
When we tried Communism, you hated us for being Communist.
当我们努力建设共产主义的时候,你们恨我们成为共产主义分子。
When we embrace Capitalism, you hate us for being Capitalist.
当我们拥抱资本主义的时候,你们恨我们成为资本家。
When we have a billion people, you said we were destroying the planet.
当我们拥有10亿人口的时候,你们说我们在破坏这个星球。
When we tried limiting our numbers, you said we abused human rights.
当我们努力控制人口的时候,你们说我们滥用人权。
When we were poor, you thought we were dogs.
当我们贫穷的时候,你们认为我们是狗。
When we loan you cash, you blame us for your national debts.
当我们借给你们钱的时候,你们责备我们增加了你们的国家债务。
When we build our industries, you call us Polluters.
当我们建立我们自己工业的时候,你们叫我们环境污染者。
When we sell you goods, you blame us for global warming.
当我们向你们出口货物的时候,你们责备我们造成了全球气候变暖。
When we buy oil, you call it exploitation and genocide.
当我们购买石油的时候,你们说是剥削和种族灭绝。
When you go to war for oil, you call it liberation.
当你们为石油而战的时候,你们说是解放。
When we were lost in chaos and rampage, you demanded rules of law.
当我们陷于混乱不堪之中,你们要求法律。
When we uphold law and order against violence, you call it violating human rights.
当我们对暴力采取法律措施的时候,你们说这侵犯了人权。
When we were silent, you said you wanted us to have free speech.
当我们沉默的时候,你们说你们想让我们言论自由。
When we are silent no more, you say we are brainwashed-xenophobics.
当我们不再沉默的时候,你们说我们是被洗脑了。
Why do you hate us so much, we asked.
你们为什么这么憎恨我们,我们不禁要问。
No, you answered, we don't hate you.
不,你们回答说,我们并不憎恨你们。
We don't hate you either,
我们也不憎恨你们。
But, do you understand us?
但是,你们了解我们吗?
Of course we do, you said,
当然,你们说,
We have AFP, CNN and BBC's...
我们有美联社,CNN和BBC。。。
What do you really want from us?
那你们究竟想从我们这里要什么?
Think hard first, then answer...
仔细想想再回答。。。
Because you only get so many chances.
只是因为你们有太多的机会。
Enough is Enough, Enough Hypocrisy for This One World.
够了,这一个世界里有你们太多的虚伪。
We want One World, One Dream, and Peace on Earth.
我们只是想要:同一个世界,同一个梦想,世界和平。
This Big Blue Earth is Big Enough for all of Us.
其实这个巨大蓝色星球对我们大家(不只是美国)都是足够大的。